Skip to main content

Planning ahead. I'm pretty much looking at an ICE-101 for ground fog, which is most likely my best decision. Thanks to all who helped advise, you may have cost me more money in the short term, but now I know I'll have the right machine.

Right now, I'm concerned about placement of the machine as things are still not "firm" on the script, but I'm getting better stuff now.

Let's say I put the ICE-101 on the stage, with the intention of covering the stage with low lying fog. But, my plan is to not only cover the stage, but to have it spill over the stage and fill the floor as well. The stage has a white 1"X1" bit of edging, which I suppose also serves as the "line of death". Is the fog going to simply start falling over the edge when it gets there? I'm actually hoping the answer is "yes" in some way or another. I think if "yes", the spillover is a neat effect too.

I want to quickly fill the stage and then quickly get the floor full as well. I'm thinking backline, stage center is the ideal place for the ICE-101. Should get an even spread and be pointing in the right direction.

I don't mind if the ground fog doesn't stick too well. That's not a concern, it can easily vanish as actors move through it, it's a neat effect in and of itself. And not lasting terribly long isn't a bother either.

I'm also concerned about having to have gear moved once the performance starts, but I'm going over the script to figure out all that sort of fun stuff.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, the director and producer are not forthcoming with information so it's hard to get a confirmation of their actual requirements.

If the fog is spilling onto the floor and filling the floor as well, then I'll be happy. Wall of white would be cool, but unless the unit is near the endge, I know that simply won't happen.

All I can say is that people will be moving through it quite a bit. Until I see a rehearsal and get more direction, I won't really know. I'm going to maintain manual control over their DMX functionality via a MIDI controller. That should help somewhat.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.