Skip to main content

OK, as some of you are tracking or perhaps e-stalking me, you know I'm on the hunt for atmospheric effects. Ground fog, haze, fog(later) and snow.

I'm hoping to arrange a phone call wit the producer and/or direct of an event to determine priorities. I CAN NOT afford all I want to get to make this show happen the way I want it to happen, but I am fairly sure I can swing some funding for something. I need them to prioritize some things. I can add other stuff later.

Serra Ava brought up an issue in regards to the volume(in db) for the S-100II, with the S200 being much quieter. Can I get some working numbers or realistic examples to quantify these statements?

I'm going over the scene tonight from the movie that uses snow to determine what my concerns need to be. I'm not sure if the music is going during the snow, or before/after, or what-not, which is why I'm reviewing the scene on my own. I know I can live with some amount of noise. I have to determine how much is too much.

I'm hoping to swing the S-100II to save costs. I can't see myself spending the money on an ADJ Snow Flurry, despite the massive cost savings, I just don't feel that the Snow Flurry is up to my requirements. I may still consider it, but I have concerns about someone hooking it up on time and then hitting the switch to run it. I feel the Antari product would be the better way to go.

I'm still open to suggestions. But I think I'm better off with the Antari solutions. Sure would like to save money though.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was expecting Serra Ava to have jumped in on this one.

Worse case, I can ask our mutual friend about that to see if he has the answer. He's who I'll be buying the stuff from anyways.

The good news is that I'm in a position now of being able to make decisions. No haze for now, ground fog and snow are the priorities. I may see if I can get them to find an alternate solution for snow for the time being.

My only complain about Antari stuff: For my limited budget, it's just too expensive. I gotta get more work because I'm a hopeless gear slut.
Sorry, I have been crazy myself. I don't actually have an S100-II, so I can't comment on the sound levels it puts out. I can only comment on the S-200 because it is listed on the website. The snow machine that we have and ones I have used in the past, are all very load and sound like leaf blowers.

Sorry I can't be of more help with regards to this.
That's one the concerns I have. If it's leaf-blower level, that's gonna suck.

I know the ones I saw at Disneyland in 2006 after the fireworks were quiet, and I mean SUPER quiet. But when you have those sort of deep pockets, anything can happen.

Right now, I'm pinching pennies so hard I think I just squeezed a booger out of Lincoln's nose!

The scene in question isn't as loud as I'd like it to be, so I'm not worry abut 68-75db, but after those levels, it would worry me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.