Skip to main content

How you doing guys.

So,i am looking to trigger scenes with midi controller.i dont have money to go out and pick expensive midi controller so i started with wat i have.Native Instruments Kontrol X1 is what i am working with. So far, i have been able to trigger "Switches" and "faders" on the switches for focus.. strobe speed. and dimmer, along with shutter open n close.

It appears as, you have to assign midi for every "page" or fixtures type/brand you add in your show.

so

Few Rookie questions.

1.I am assuming, there is no way to connect controller and expect it to know what switch to trigger regardless of variation in fixture. correct? you would have to assign midi control atlest once?

2. How would you, assign the X Y to the midi controls... i tried everything but it wouldn't work Frowner or maybe i tried everythign wrong.

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks for the respond.

I i have two wheels available.. but i dont know how do i go about assigning them to X/Y.

I will make a video today and post a link on here.. hopefully you can help me figure out the x-y situation..

i freaking love the midi. i can trigger scenes, activates multiple switches super quickly.

Thanks Again,
Dennis
Last edited by damenace

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.