Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can replace the battery yourself if you are comfortable working on your own equipment. The SD3 is easy to open and the battery is relatively easy to get at. The battery should last for several years. If the replacement goes bad like the first one then there is a problem with too much drainage on the battery. There is an IC on the CPU board the manages the battery, perhaps there is something wrong there.
That's not a display problem. It's something else. You might have a problem though with the battery circuit or with the battery holder. Make sure the tab on the battery holder presses down on the battery and is not a loose fit. If the problem continues you will need to keep replacing the battery or get it fixed.
well after all this I think that the battery drain is because I only use this console about 2 day(sat and sunday) and the power(110a/c volts) to the console is turned off so the better is used more.. do you think the console battery would last longer if the power is never turned off? in other words run a separate power cord (110 volts a/c) to it. so it dont drain the internal 3 volt cr2032 when the power is offbattery
If you leave it on all the time, the battery won't be used at all. The battery only switches into the circuit when the power is off. There is no battery charging on this. The battery drain (when the power is off) is only supposed to be a few micro amps. It there is a current leak somewhere in the circuit the battery will drain much faster.
that makes no difference. I have it on 24/7 now and the battery still goes dead after 45 to 50 days. so what I was thinking since now my console is way out of warranty I am thinking about converting the battery socket to hold 2 sets of 2 AA rechargeable batteries. install a toggle switch so I dont ever have to go with out having to worry about the battery low message. also install a external plug for charging. never have to open it up again

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.