Skip to main content

Hi, I work for a venue with 48 Design Spot 250s. We just completed cleaning and relamping 16 of them and are awaiting an order of replacement focus lenses to deal with the browning issue. That said, I've noticed that the focus assembly seems very inconsistent form fixture to fixture and day to day. Is this a known issue? should the motor be replaced? Belt? PCB? Not all of the focus assembly's felt the same when being manually moved during cleaning. Is it possible to get a copy of the service manual?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

how old are the fixtures? and do you know what version they have on each fixture? the only way i can see them being different is if they have different versions and where purchased on different times. i can send you the service manual. send me and email with the request and i will send it to you.

jesusn@elationlighting.com
We brought 18 units new and there are several that don’t focus the same as the rest. The issue is inconstant from cue to cue sometimes. I can write a look and tweak focus on a few units and later in the day they are not in focus again. I have also had several with the defective brown burnt Lens issue. I do however enjoy saying to people that the Lenses burn out before the lamps, just to watch the look on their face as they try to figure out what I just said.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.