Skip to main content

In This forum you can discuss tips, tricks, and troubleshooting for Elation's Next Generation Compu Live software, "Compu Show".

Is it possible to select a scene on the master page, then also load another scene from a fixture page and then overwrite the existing cue from the master page with the added fixture?

The actual scenario is that I have added multiple new sets of lights to my rig and I am trying to add them to my existing scenes. Is there an easier way to do this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yup and the way you described it should work. Al lyou really need to do is program the new fixtures in a scene on their fixture page then once the scene is set, turn it on, then hold ctrl and right click and drag it onto the scene on the master page you want to add it too. It will ask you to add it or whatever, just hit yes and boom, new light data into a scene.
Make sense?
Ok, that is really close to what I'm looking for. Let me explain what I'm actually doing and you may be able to suggest an even faster way.

I recently added 2 new fixtures to my compu show setup and I created approx. 15-20 scenes for each fixture and saved them in their respective fixture page.

Now I go to my master page and load an exiting scene, and then go back to my new fixtures and load different scenes until I find one that works well. The problem is, I may need to change color, or add strobe depending on what I need. So I will just click the desired color or strobe setting in the fixture pages.

So now I have a master page scene loaded, the fixture scene loaded and some additional fixture settings. Is it possible to easily overwrite the scene in the master page with the new settings?
I tried and it did not work (probably because I am not doing it right).

Sorry this is long winded, but here's what I did.

1. Loaded a master scene
2. Loaded a fixture scene (the one I want to add to the master scene).
3. I select a different color from the fixture.
4. I clicked back into the master page
5. I reselected the scene and selected edit.
6. The light stop moving BUT, all the correct fixtures appear to be on.
7. I press save.

8. I press INIT on the master mage to cancel the show.
9. I go back to the fixture and turn off the scene and settings.
10. I run the "modified" scene from the master page.
11. Nothing has changed, only the original fixtures are on and moving.

Like I said, I probably did it wrong, but I am trying to merge the setting from about 4 or 5 different fixtures that have all been recorded in different ways. Some using easy step, some easy time, and some, just straight DMX settings. I honestly don't know/understand how to merge all that stuff myself to include 1 new fixture.
Nope you aren't doing it right, you may need to duplicate your scenes on the master page if you want to add a new element/new fixture.

Turn on the scene in the master page, then go to the fixture page and turn on the scene and color, then go back to master page, click on the top of the page where it says master page, to make it the last page selected (This is important!) then go to button tab, create a new scene, then in the window it should say new MASTER scene, if it doesn't, you didn't click on the master page to make it active. Now with the create a new master scene window up, click as you see now, and include the activated scenes and switches, and you should check the list for the name of the master scene and also the names of the scene and colors from the fixture page, then hit OK and the new button will be generated on the master page WITH the new scene data and color.
Did it work? Let me know.
James,

I probably should have mentioned why I wanted to overwrite the scene vs create a new scene. I am using midi controller and each scene is mapped to a specific midi controller button.

I was trying to avoid having to go through the process of deleting and re-linking the button to the midi controller which is a little cumbersome.
James,

Originally I thought your instructions didn't work, but it turned out to be an issue having my master page and fixture page loaded in the same window on separate tabs. When I hold CRTL and right click and drag as you suggested, the mouse icon turns to a red circle with a line through it. I try and drag from one tab to another, but it doesn't work. Then I loaded the master page in a separate window from the fixtures and it worked as you described.
Last edited by philld

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.