Skip to main content

In This forum you can discuss tips, tricks, and troubleshooting for Elation's Next Generation Compu Live software, "Compu Show".

Jingles,

Thanks for pumpin' out some video tutorials, just wondering if you could explain how the follow spot function works since the manual didn't really cover it. If it did, then I probably missed it.

Also I'm always curious to see how people like to program their scenes since there are many ways to skin a cat when it comes to DMX control. For instance, the Priority options are fun for messing with chase effects. I would like to see people on this forum maybe share some tips n tricks. I have made switches for my par cans that add a white chase to a scene and others where lowest takes priority for a fade or black effect depending on the dimmer setting on the switch. So sometimes I combine two of these switches with my main color scene. I'm wondering if there is a similar way to use this idea on moving light switches. So maybe have a movement like a circle happening but then say I wanted to shift this circle movement left and right can this be done similarly using a priority option? How can I make these more complex movements with multiple switches rather than actually preprogramming these movements?

There may or may not be a simple answer but I figured it may be possible, or you all may have better ideas because I seem to need a little more schooled thought on moving scenes. I got sucked into this hobby, never really had any formal training. Getting better, that's for sure as time goes on. Wink
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.