Skip to main content

In This forum you can discuss tips, tricks, and troubleshooting for Elation's Next Generation Compu Live software, "Compu Show".

Would it be possible to allow Cue's to be triggered by a midi command without mapping through a controller? Ideally, there would be an option on a cue's settings tab (within the trigger section) to specify a midi value that would trigger the cue.

The reason I ask for this is because I use a combination of Pangolin Beyond (for laser control) and CompuShow for DMX. Beyond has a great feature for randomizing playback of lighting scenes/cues (which is perfect for my use). I use Beyond to trigger cue's from CompuShow by midi, but I have to setup a fake midi controller to do so (which is very time consuming). If I could trigger a cue without a controller it would save me so much time.

Do you think this is possible?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm using the MidiYoke driver for sending and receiving midi commands, so there is no physical controller. When a cue is triggered in Pangolin, it sends out a Midi command (on channel 1). Midi yoke passes channel 1 output to channel 2 input. Then I built a dummy midi controller in CompuShow that listens for channel 2 input. The controller has 150+ buttons, 1 button for each CompuShow cue that is linked to a particular midi value. That's what takes up so much time, adding the buttons, assigning the midi value and then mapping to a cue.

I don't know of any other way to trigger a cue in CompuShow (via midi) without setting up a controller. If it's possible, I would be very interested to learn how.
Last edited by philld

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.