Skip to main content

We have an Elation Scene Setter 48 with two Pro Bar 4's with each bar having 6 Par 56 300 watt fixtures. When we light up all 6 the lights go out and start flashing. We can run 3 on each bar with no problem but even 4 will start to flash at high dimmer settings. We have 125' of DMX cable to one bar then another 40' to the second bar and it is terminated there. Two channels on each bar are doubled up with Par 56 fixtures. Is this too much for the Pro Bar 4?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No, I haven't tried a booster, but I have tried doing extremely short runs to troubleshoot any problems with no luck.

(I hate to hijack this thread, but...)
My main problem right now is I have 4 pro bars, 2 of which I'm using them for the dimmer. The other 2 are currently used to mount a couple LED bars, the dimmers are unused. After many months (years?) of experiencing the problem of flashing (which for me is only occurs on one Pro Bar) I decided to swap it out with one of the "unused" ones. After taking time to do so, I realized I'm unable to program and assign DMX addresses on 3 out of the 4 Pro Bars. When I press any of the buttons 1 through 4 the display flashes to "A:001" and then back to "In" not allowing me to set the address.
I checked the fuses hoping maybe it was some sort of safety feature - one fuse was blown so I replaced it. Still no go. I've looked through the manual for any troubleshooting tips, etc but there was nothing there. Searched the internet and wound up here.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.