Skip to main content

Hey guys, new to tr forum an glad to be on here. Had a quick question and would like your advice or tips. I do a lot of weddings and need tO program open dance lighting at every gig. Is there any solution or controller where I can set where the general area where the lights point? I hate how every week I am programming scenes for a 4 hour gig. I want to use the same scenes and chases all the time but change positioning from gig to gig... I am using an operator pro right now
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi and welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you are looking for a palette system. Basically, you make palettes for your positions and program your scenes and chases using those palettes. Then, when you go to the next venue, you simply update your position palettes for the new room and everything else that is programed using those positions is updated. There are more than one type as well, so it works with colors, positions, groups, and gobo/beam effects as well. It is a very powerful, useful, and time saving tool.

If I remember correctly, CompuCue and CompuShow both have this system. You can download the software for free to mess around with it and then buy the dongle.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.