Skip to main content

I purchased an Elation Scene Setter 24 about 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to program the dmx channels to each fader. I followed the procedure that is in the manual ie. Put into record mode by holding down the record button, tap the flash buttons 1,6,6 and 8. The record led lights up properly. I then press the Record button and tap the Flash 6 button three times while holding down the record button. The manual then state that I should use the Up or Down buttons to select the dmx channel. This is where the problem is, I can press the Up or Down button (s) and nothing appears to happen. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jan,
you don't need to program the channels into it.
They are already set from 1 - 24.
You just need to make sure you are in the correct mode.
which is 1 x 24 I believe.
Also make sure both of your dimmers are at 100%
You have 2 dimmers... an A dimmer and a B dimmer.
take a close look at them and you will see that one goes from 0 - 100 and the other goes from 100 - 0.
Make sure they are both on 100 or 10 if one is at 0 then you won't get output.
Try those options.

1, 6, 6, 8 is to program scenes.. but lets get light output 1st.

best regards,
quote:
Originally posted by JAN:
I followed the procedure that is in the manual [...] press the Record button and tap the Flash 6 button three times while holding down the record button.

I realize this thread is from 2008 but I thought I would reply in case anyone, like me, was trying to do this and was confused about why it wasn't working.

The manual is incorrect. To program channels, you tap Flash 8 three times, not Flash 6. I wasted an entire hour at a client's site (not billable as I was working flat-rate) trying to figure this out.

quote:
Originally posted by Elation_Pro:
you don't need to program the channels into it.

If you have no clue what you're talking about, perhaps you shouldn't be posting here.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.