Skip to main content

Reply to "COMPULIVE: Quirks or bugs, and some recommended Enhancements."

Just adding my 2 cents here.

128mb of RAM is what the program wants, without Easy Show. The laptop I am typing this on right now has 4096mb (4 gigs) of RAM, and is currently using 34% of that, 1393mb of RAM. That is just Quickbooks, Anti-Virus Corporate (not bloated), Outlook minimized, and 2 windows of Firefox. That is more RAM then the computer you are using has total, and these are fairly simple, basic programs.

If I clean boot windows and only have my anti-virus running, nothing else, I am using around 16% or 655mb of RAM, a little more then half what the computer in question has. Booting up Hog PC without dongles and letting it idle, my RAM usage shoots up to 24%, 983mb of RAM. I ran a bunch of cue stacks, 5 total, at once, my ram usage was up to 28% 1147mb and CPU usage on a more powerful, dual core was between 30-70% That is more then the total amount you have (1024mb = 1 gig), and that doesn't include the running of drivers for dongles. Hog PC is a little more heavy then Compuware, but Easy Show adds a lot more stress and usage to the system.

You might want to add more RAM. The other big thing that people don't realize adding things like other programs, drivers, and the internet can cause a lot of issues with PC based control. PC based control is really meant to go onto a PC that will do nothing but run that control system and that is it. Adding other programs, drivers, and connecting it to the internet can cause major issues and unforeseen bugs very fast. Even things like updates should be downloaded to another computer and then transferred to the computer running the program via flash drives.