Skip to main content

Reply to "Crashing...Crashing...Crashing"

Hey James

Sorry in delay...weekend, and never ending something or other...

I have no idea what the version was, as right before making this post I updated it. I have some crash reports in the 2006 folder on c drive, would that contain info? I would say that it had not been updated 6 month to a year.

Here are usb dongles:

Both Blue usb box
Model: Compu Club 04
S/N: 4805495, 3306479

I also have an older grey dmx box that originally came with 02 software, but can't get that o sync with newer software, so it never gets used.

So at the show Sat night I setup my laptop as backup to the board. I ran all main parts from board, then in between main events I would unplug dmx from board and use laptop. It booted fine with new version, and I did not loose signal between software and usb. One main difference though between this past Saturday and a few weeks ago with all the problems are:

1. I was running 3 pages vs. 10 of separate fixtures.
2. Running 180 dmx channel vs almost 400. I feel this should not matter...

So the controller did run all night without dropping signal, but I did run into a new problem. When trying to restrict the area of movement for some of the moving heads, it would not affect the heads. What I mean is you have the box, and in mouse mode, you hit shift and the light should move to that point, but lights would not move. If I changed size of box, they would not move. Hit ok, close window, and the new box size would effect the lights, but when trying to edit it, it would not. So I had no way to set my limits.

Still scarred to put a bunch of fixture pages and channels on it and see if it wont crash... please also advise about the new encountered problem.