Skip to main content

Reply to "Crashing...Crashing...Crashing"

Hello Again,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, the little down time I have had the last few weeks has gone to sleep and home...It has been non-stop on my end which has been great. I have some answers to questions you asked, a few new questions, and we will see from there. I have been able to use the compu some more with less problems, but more on that. I will email you crash reports after this post.

For my fixture pages, everything is grouped in like lights, I have my design spot page with 12 design spot 250, martin wizard page with 2 units, led par cans with 2 units. These are my normal pages, little problems with this. Sometimes I will add another page or two for a dimmer, or extra led or color kinetic, ect.

On the night of all the crashing, I had 6 pages each for a dimmer in different locations in a room, page for color kinetics, and one other for something, so something like 9-10 pages.

As for pan/tilt restriction. This is something I have done a lot of over the years, just a new problem, let me try and explain it. I know you have to change the parameters for each light. I have 8 DSP250s I normally use for event shows. I will normally restrict x movement 180 degrees, so lights can only shine in front of their location. For dance floor lighting, no need for heads to be hitting wall behind them in these situations.

Here is the problem I am running into. Normally when in the window to change x/y parameters for area moving head can go to, you start with large square with dot in middle. As you change size of square, this affects where the light can go, with dot being center. Normally, as you change the box the light will react in real time. When I currently change the box, no light reaction. Normally if you are in mouse mode and go to one side of box, moving light will move to that extreme. When I use mouse mode and move dot around bod in window, lights do not move or react. However, if I change the size of the box, and hit ok, and windows close, even though the light does not react while changing, the new box size setting will affect the light, until changed to something new. I don't understand why when I try to change the x/y parameters in the window the light does not react as it show, where I am loosing the data link?

Marc- That sounds like what is happening to me...will work, then use dongle looses green light and communication, have to hard reset,a dn lights all loose info and blackout, or pop.

Hope we can figure this out...