Skip to main content

Reply to "Crashing...Crashing...Crashing"

Ok

So I used my Mac setup over the weekend, and it was horrible, Elation would be up 5 minutes, and crash, or the green light would go out on dongle, and would need complete reset. I ended up just using the backup Magic 260 I had with me. Problem was it did not have enough channels for all the lights, so I could not change color of all LED cans, some were stuck on color when Cumpu Live quit.

Today I tried the setup on a normal Windows Laptop. 1.46ghz 512ram. It isn't the fastest, but it is all I could find at work to take for a test. The elation compu live sept 09 update is installed. The folder 2006 from my main machine is copied and pasted into new windows laptop over 2006 to basically clone my controller onto new machine.

On new machine had controller up and working properly for about 30 minutes, and green light goes out on dongle. I have tried both blue dongles, same results. The green light goes out, software locks up. When you hit X to close software, ask you, are you sure? Yes, nothing happens. Hit X again, nothing happens. After many more tries, and a few minutes, programs out of nowhere will jump close. If try to re open software, it wont open until windows restarts. This is on the new windows machine or my mac into windows. Both using windows XP pro.

So nothing gives, I can't keep this running stably to save my life. I am almost ready to just move onto Jands Vista for good and stop having head ache with this crashing software.