Skip to main content

Reply to "Design Spot 250 09Er Error Code: Prism-Wheel Error"

Gines,
I tried everything you said. The magnet was still present (looked just like the one on the good light), but I decided to try swapping them anyway. After the swap, both fixtures behaved exactly like they did before. So, I know the magnetic sensor is good.

The harness going from the sensor to the PCB is basically impossible to really trace back to the PCB b/c all the yellow, brown and orange wires are tie-wrapped with many other sensor wires (of the same color) going back to the PCB. So, instead, I just verified that all of the plugs on the PCB were secure and that there were no plugs hanging loose anywhere else.

What I did notice thought was that if I manually move the prism-wheel a little bit, the prism-wheel motor "hunts" for a few seconds and eventually lines up the magnet in the prism-wheel to the magnet in the sensor. I realize this is not a fix b/c this requires that the light lens be removed from the fixture...not exactly convenient before every show. But what it seems to indicate to me is that it's a problem with either the prism-wheel motor or some other component upstream of the the prism-wheel motor (perhaps the "driver circuit on the main PCB").

Knowing all that, what are your thoughts on what my next step should be?

Thanks,
Brian