Skip to main content

DMX + Zoom CMY 250 Troubleshooting Help Needed

The Gear: Elation DMX Operator and (4) CMY Zoom 250's

The History: 2 yrs ago these lights were sent to elation for factory repair. At that same time a new elation dmx controller was purchased. When the lights returned, the club had no one to set them up so they have been hanging collecting dust. I have pulled them down to see if I can get them programed. I am the soundman here and understand a little bit about the lights. But heres the scoop:

I have not been able to get the lights to respond to the controller. I would be happy to get 1 light working and go from there...

The light powers up and after running through its start period it is changing colors and flashing, etc on its own. It is recieving dmx sigal (the channel light is solid)but doesnt react to adjustments from the dmx controller. I have reset the operator to delete any scenes and set the light back to default settings via the on screen menu. The dmx cable is brand new. I also inserted a terminator in the output just in case. The light doesn't react to the blackout feature either.

I have the light set to dmx ch. 1 and I tried ch. 17 and so on too. The light just keeps doing its own thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Original Post