Skip to main content

Reply to "DP-415?"

My experience with these eurolight boards isn't Good the boards have Good features for the price. but in my experience I have never Got on working on a 3pin dmx.

I see people use these on 5pin dmx systems, and I have also heard of people using them on three pin networks (not with an adapter though), they take apart the board and un soilder the 5pin XLR jack and put in and solider on a 3pin XLR jack.

Basically, Behringer is a company based out of Germany, hardly any of there products are there own creation, they reverse engineer other top company products and make and remake with some changes to the design as not to get in trouble. but they also cut a lot of corners on quality and circuity making it cheap. but with take you lose some stuff my guess in on these boards the connector is setup so It can't be converted but can be change but change out the XLR jack.

if you don't want to replace the XLR jack, some of those DMX isolators, have in's and out's both in 3 and 5pin, that may work I am not sure.

but again I have never had good experience with these boards.