Skip to main content

Elation DP-415 DMX Dimmer Problems‏

Hello,

I recently purchased an Elation DP-415 DMX Dimmer off of Amazon. I am new to this whole DMX thing and there's not a lot of information about this specific dimmer on the internet (aside from product manuals). Basically what is happening is that the channel (channel 1) green LED isn't turning on or blinking despite having stuff plugged into it. I've tried a regular lamp (both switch mode and dimmer mode) along with an LED RGB strip with DMX (using dimmer mode). When plugging it into the dimmer, the light (sometimes) flashes on for a brief second and then turns off.

I am pretty sure that it isn't a problem with any of the components between my computer (Enntec USB Open) and the dimmer. I've tried changing power sockets, trying the different plug on channel 1, making sure the DMX address is set to 1 (as well as set to 1 in my program). The thing that makes me conclude that something is up with the channel plugs is that I have a DMX terminator at the end of the circuit with an LED that uses DMX. That works fine and blinks correctly, yet connecting it into the channel 1 plug doesn't seem to do anything.

I haven't checked if it's a blown fuse yet (how can I tell if it's a blown fuse, is it obvious?), but I have doubts because I just started using it today and the lamp is a standard 12V lamp, and the LED strip is 12V and only uses ~500mAh. Connecting both of those into my wall plugs works fine.

Hope this is detailed enough, if you need any more information let me know.

Thanks!
Original Post