Skip to main content

Reply to "Elation DP-415 DMX Dimmer Problems‏"

OOOH, ok, i see what you are doing here...a little confusion on my end of what you were doing...
OK, so here is what is going on, assuming im seeing the correctly i know how to fix the issue. You are using the DP-415 to power the transformer that powers up the 3 channel RGB controler. You power it up, but do not get any output. Correct so far? If so, here is what you need to do...

First, the little 3ch DMX led box you bought IS your dimmer pack for the LEDs...The DP-415 does not need to be used AT ALL in your set up (atleast for your LEDs) you have the Transformer wired into this box, plug the transformer into a constant power source (AKA: the wall or like source) Now, the part that i believe got confusing is the DATA. On the 3ch PSU is a DMX in and DMX out pair of terminals. In order for you to have data control over the lights, you need to hard wire a dmx cable into the DMX IN terminals. I attached a photo (forgive it, im not an artist) on what the entire layout should look like.... Power into transformer into DMX PSU to the LED Lights. DMX data hard wired into the DMX PSU. Does this make more sense? Once you get this done, all you will need to do after is to set the DMX address on the PSU and your LEDs will work perfectly. Hope this helps out... Let me know how it goes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89841837/IMG_7384.JPG