Skip to main content

Reply to "Generic profile for a 5 chnl LED PAR can (MBT)"

James, Thank you so much for the profile. Works Great!. I especially appreciate the chaser function you added. I have been exploring with different strobe rates - nice effect. I need to get the DMX traits to fine tune it - especially the dimmer function - exactly as you suggested.

This program is quite complex and complicated, but maybe it just seems that way because I am still learning. I am determined to remain patient becuase I think CompuLive is an incredible tool for me take my live guitar show (and side DJ job) to the next creative level.

I am convinced that the things the drive me bonkers are there for a specific creative reason, to be revealed as I take my time working page by page through the manual. For example, when scene buttons are attached to specific pages, they work only on the fixtures on that page, despite the "as I see now". Maddening. Last night when I had a "as I see now", Red color on the LED's and a yellow gobo slowly circling, did not work when clicked on a button scene within the specific page. Placing the scene button on the master page, it works on all fixtures. Seems reasonable the next morning when I am more clear-headed, and logical too. As I get more experience, I will see creative opportunities of these things. Moral is, take my time, gain experience slowly and methodically. Don't get frustrated - this is supposed to be fun. And the challenge is rewarding when I create a new scenes and transitions that matches the music.

Having a bit of trouble with the cycle button - I'll start a new thread.