Skip to main content

Reply to "Hazer/Fazer....confusion :confused:"

I'm liking what I'm hearing a lot. The biggest issue now is money and other decisions. Personally, outside of the high current draw, I'm really pleased with what I'm hearing. Fogger and hazer in 1 unit. Less to lug.

If you're giving me numbers of 8 hours at 50% utilization, well, I doubt that would ever cause me problems. Setting the unit up 15 minutes ahead of time is no problem as I'll be there 3 hours early. The producer's fog machine is 15 minutes of warm-up time, so that seems to be the good "normal". I can easily live with that. I can get it going early and "prime" the venue. I've seen some of the spaces you'ved used at trade shows via photos, and that's larger than the main area I intend to cover.

The included X-20 really sold it for me, assuming I can buy the fazer soon. Even if I haveev to shoot a big burst of fog and the unit has to cycle, I can take advantage of the fog dissapating while the unit recovers.

The only issue is the blue LED fluid indicator, only because those are super bright and could be a distraction to the audience. This is easy to resolve via black tape or some sort of prop blocking it AND topping the tank before every show.

I like it. Addresses and resolves 4 issues: Fog machine, hazer, DMX and sticks within the ADJ and Elation company lines. If I don't get lights, I think this is my winner.

I'll just hold off on some high end mics a bit longer!