Skip to main content

Reply to "Hazer/Fazer....confusion :confused:"

Hey Chris,

I have 3 of the X-310's and love them. In the photos seen here, it is actually one X-310 hazing a stage that is 65' wide, 30' deep, and the fly goes up all the way to about 70' (visible is about 25') in a 2500 seat theatre, so quite huge. I wish I had two when I did this, but only had one at the time. Do to how the air in the theatre moved/s, I had to sit the X-310 center stage. You can see it in the shots, particularly the last one sitting upstage center. I taped the LEDs like you said, and can also tell you that running for 3 days, about 8 hours the first, 12 the second, and then 12 again on the third at 10%, it used maybe half a tank of juice. At 50%, it is basically pumping out at 100%.

Now I am looking at getting a HZ-500. Reason being, a hazer still makes a nicer haze then a fazer, which basically makes haze by spitting out low levels of fog. A hazer also pumps out more haze then a fogger can. You turn a fogger up, it becomes a fogger. The hazer also has no warm up time and less power draw. The other issue is, a fazer doing haze, it looks like fog on stage. Out in the audience, it looks like haze. I have had that complaint a few times, and have to remind talent that it looks like soup on stage, but great for the audience's point of view.

Also note that the Antari hazers can use water based or oil based. It is not the same water based as used in the Fazer/foggers, but water based non-the-less. For larger spaces, oil is the way to go do to longer hang time and finer particles. If you have ever seen a show in an arena with haze, those are oil based hazers. Water based I plan on using for smaller spaces.