Skip to main content

Reply to "Hazer/Fazer....confusion :confused:"

I hear ya on the overkill front. The reason I even have the Aquafogger is because I do stuff in which I need low-lying fog for long periods of time and it needs to stay that way for some theatre stuff I do. It is the extreme end of the spectrum with regards to low-lying foggers. They do make a 220v version, but 120v is easier for me since sometimes I don't have the ability to tap and get 208. Thus ,I have the 120v version.

Only reason I bring up dry ice is because some people get fog chillers thinking they will do what dry ice does and it simply doesn't. I have the Ice-101 for smaller stuff and more power limited situations. I use it less then the Aquafogger however. Likewise, the Aquafogger isn't the only dry ice machine on the planet either (Peasouper comes to mind). I have also seen quite a few home grown things as well that use dry ice.

With regards to control, I haven't used DMX on a snow machine. I just normally set the output and have someone plug it in when its time. Likewise, DMX on a hazer is a little over kill since that is generally a set and forget item. The Ice-101 has DMX control built into it as well as the remote, so its pick your poison there.

Since you already have a couple of foggers, I think you are on the right track with going for a hazer instead. Let the foggers fog and the hazers haze. The Fazer is nice that it can kind of do both, but it doesn't haze as well as a hazer and simply never well do to design differences in hazers and foggers. If you didn't have a some foggers, then I would recommend the Fazer since it can do both and would be more useful and cheaper then buying a fogger and hazer at the same time.

So the HZ-300 seems the way to go for the hazer front. Now, the fog chiller and snow machine, that is going to have to weighed out by you. Some other factors, the Antari stuff is more powerful and can hold more fluid. However, do to them being more powerful, they use more power and are also physically larger in size then their AMDJ little brothers. They cost more as well. Those are the main weighing points.