Skip to main content

Reply to "Hazer/Fazer....confusion :confused:"

Well, I'm in the decision making process but not the buying process.

After some discussion you may have read on the ADJ forum, the product support manager said I should choose the Ice-101 for ground fog due to how he described behaviors of the Mr. Kool. But that's the sort of stuff I neede to hear. If I choose to save money on that route, I'm going to shoot myself in the foot. So, the Ice-101 looks like the choice to go with.

I agree that DMX on a hazer can be seen as an over-kill element. I also agree on the "set and forget" mentality with hazers as well. But, I'm a control freak or at least want the illussion I have some sort of control. I think the higher output capacity of the HZ-300 is the better choice for me due to budget. I am in total agreement with specialized machines. I can always get a combination machine if a real need arises.

So, now it's down to the snow machine. My main concern is people not being at the posts when needed(a frequent issue I have) and would prefer a more hands-free approach. This makes the S-100 a choice over the ADJ Snow Flurry. I can trigger it when necessary and not worry about it.

We'll just have to practice some things. We go with ground fogger, then out for like 35 minutes. Then the fog effect, which is used less than a minute, then off for at least 25 minutes. Then the final scene which uses snow, and maybe we want ground fog again(I doubt re-using ground fog) Warm-up times are clearly not an issue. But I may want to keep the fogger around for another scene. Even so, there's plenty of time to change power.

So, 2 out of 3 are decided thanks to all the help so far. The third one is a bit much, but I'll just think and think and wait and see what I can afford to do.

Then, when that's all done, I'll go buy myself a real fog machine!