Skip to main content

Reply to "HZ500 DMX OUT"

Actually, yes I can. A Unique can put out more haze at least compared to the water based haze fluid I have been using due to environments I work in. The oil based fluid would do better I would imagine do to its nature vs water based. The Unique, however, burns through a lot more fluid (when turning it up to the output I want and website says 50 hours per half gallon, that must have been figured on the lowest setting) and doesn't hold the same amount of fluid either (1/2 gallon vs 2/3 a gallon). I once burned through the half gallon in a couple of 10 hour days while in the same venue, it took me five 10 hour days before I had to top of the HZ-500 and it still had some fluid in it.

The other major advantages the HZ-500 has over the Unique is it has no heater, it is simply an air compressor basically. Power wise, the Unique eats WAY more power if that is an issue. And while the Unique does warm up fast, you just have to plug in the HZ-500 and hit a button. The Unique fluid also costs a lot more than the HZ-500 fluid here in the States.