Skip to main content

Reply to "ICE-101 and freezer packs"

Well, the ice pack idea will be something I try in the future. I'll stick with ice cubes for now, especially since the stage manager will pay for those. I coughed up for the ICE-101, time for them to help out! I find myself really liking this unit a lot. I'll see about getting some low speed and small fans to help spread it out a bit. That plus the angle I think will make a big difference. I was thining of using some sort of a low profile v-wedge on the ground slightly in front of where the ground fog hits to force it to spread a little bit.

One thing, back to stuff you mentioned(I do pay attention!), is that you said by going with a water-based solution instead of an oil-based, it would not stick so well and would go away pretty fast. First, I'm going to say that of course, you are right. Second, in my situation, this works very well and in fact, near perfect. Due to rapid scene changes, this works in my favor. In regards to your warning that people walking through it would cause it to vanish faster, that of course is also true, but fortunately, it does work in my situation and isn't really a big problem.

Now I want DMX fans!!!

I'm going to risk angering the wife and using all the ice in the house to work with the ICE-101 this weekend a bit. It's not much ice, but I need to test some other functions of the machine. Hopefully it's enough.

OK, onto the HZ-300: Despite the noise it makes(which I have no problem with), I'm starting to wonder how I lived without this thing. I don't have the funds to afford the HZ-500(nor the jobs to justify the costs0, but man, haze sure is cool. My only problem wit the HZ-300 is that I just need to let it run a while before doors to fill the room. This isn't a real problem, just an issue I have to keep in mind.