Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduction and basic questions"

You got the nail hit right on the head. You're going to have to do a lot of reprogramming at each show, and that's a limitation of the console. Stepping up to something better is going t be costly.

I'm using Compu Show. I only need to edit a couple of scenes each show, but our set is very standard. I have to aim a pair of movers. One for an on-stage aim to a center chair, then they move to "frames". I have to hit those spots. The other is some doorways.

If you're willing to take a Computer based approach, Compu Show has loads of features. Point, click, copy, change, it's all pretty easy once you get over the learning hurdle. It is intuitive, but it does take some learning. I mean, we're talking play with it for a couple of days, and then you can really dive into it.

Need to move movers? Make palettes to make it easy. Color changes? No problem! Over-ride something? You bet. Run complicated scenes, run simple scenes, run switches, run multiple scenes. Plus, you're going to love the Easy 3D environment, where you can design your stage and test your show! I design my shows without being there!

Plus, it can use MTC and sync to your playback tracks. You may want to get the top of the line SD+ interface so you have no restrictions. Trust me, it's worth it. I run a major show this way and it's freakin' flawless. MIDI triggering, MIDI control and more.

Download it and start playing. When you're ready, plonk down the hard earned dollars for the hardware and start doing your lightig.