Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduction and basic questions"

Thanks guys, the response here is very quick. The DVD for Operator Pro will be on the way shortly.

Let's make some assumptions and move forward.

The band I'm working with will insist on using their OP controller and I may use my OPro with them from time to time. I need to let other guys fill in from time to time so that hardware is etched in stone for now. Besides I'm an old hand and don't mind some programming during a show and can hit my cues pretty quick.

If I can use something else to light my performers (PAR 38 footlights with amber gel) Possibly bringing my two Martin CX4 and setting them up in tree at FOH, that frees the wigglies to be just general scenes, dance floor etc.

Given these parameters, are there any tips for how to use banks and scenes in a way that is intuitive and easy to remember? I'm thinking some advance thought into it, maybe making up an XL spreadsheet. I could possibly use some of the banks for one set of physical wiggly locations, and another group of banks for a secondary setup type (wiggly 3,4 on subs vs on floor for instance) This would eliminate most of the reprogramming for each show. (see second to last paragraph in original post for some of my ideas on this topic)

Does anyone have a file or suggestions for settings to get me started?

Thanks again.