Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduction and basic questions"

Thanks for responding, that's what I'm looking for. On my Operator and OpPro I have 8 scenes readily accessible with buttons. Seems that a color or color combo could be chosen for each song and use that in the BANK settings, then I'd just change scenes during the song.

Here's what I've got on paper. Going to grab some fixtures from band today and practice programming.

1- quiet basic color scene for between songs, after blackout, quiet songs.

2. Aud Left
3. Center stage
4. Aud Right

5 slow tempo gobo/color change
6 med tempo
7 fast tempo

8. party mode dance floor.

Then for banks I'll start with some basic colors and then mix em up. Trying to keep this fairly basic on the wigglies so I can have a coordinating color on the LED's.

Red
Blues
Amber
Clear
various split colors and color wheel effects

also banks for general disco lighting, maybe a couple to turn all the wigglies to stage locations, ceiling of venue etc.

We're looking at moving the wigglies from positions on subs and mains speakers (where they change every show necessitating reprogramming- ugh) to putting two each on tree at rear of stage. At that point the 'Aud L/C/R' scene positions will just become something like straight ahead, skewed, crossed beams.

Is this making sense?

I can trigger any instrument (LED, PAR, Wiggly) button and do a quick 'accent' for instance fixture 1 is LED bars and I can pop the strobe fader at beat of music. Not happy with the 'chase' scenes I'm getting from our Mega Pixel LED's they don't make much sense at all.

BTW we're using fixtures Chauvet SPOT LED 150 and Mega Pixel LED Am DJ.