Skip to main content

Reply to "Lamp on using the DMX Operator Pro"

Thanks for the link. I did look it over and it covers the basics. Now know more than I did yesterday.

I figured the light could be used as such, just wondered if the "spot Light" mode, mentioned on the other forum, would eliminate some switches, kind of simplifying it for the people who will be using it, but now I know it does not.

The recording the position is a simple way to get started and mill work well for one light. For two, I am thinking that a scene would point both at the correct place at the same time, either at a predetermined brightness or with the dimmer off and I could just bring up the dimmer. Funny thing about the Pro, the Dimmer uses the same slider as the tilt. If you go to set the dimmer, then change the channel bank to adjust the tilt, guess what, the tilt slider is set where the dimmer was left. As soon as you touch it, the head moves from where it is, to where the slider was set, back to where you just moved it. So I will try using an empty fixture to zero the dimmer before I change the tilt.

As far as turning the lamp off, there will be hours that we will not be using the fixtures and I will need to turn the lamps off to reduct usage time.

Now that I realize most people probably read both forums, I will settle on one for most things.