Skip to main content

Magic 260 Profile Problems

Hi All,

I've got a bit of a problem with a profile I put together for a Magic 260 I'm working on. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just pushing my luck with the limits of the board. I'm attempting to use a profile that I build for a MicrOH Max Par led fixture but what I'm trying is to have 4 of these fixtures set up as a single fixture on the console with independent control. Basically, each lamp is 4 channels dmx so what I've done is create a profile that has 16 channels and addressed the lamps accordingly. Obviously each channel had to be named differently in the Magic 260 software. Now when I assign the profile to a channel the layout for the dmx channels within the fixture become weird. The first 5 channels are in the correct order but then the board puts channel 9 after 5 followed by 13 and then follows these channels with 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16. Am I creating the profile wrong? That the console decides to relocate the order of the channels? I'm trying to set it up simply so that each bank on the four wheels is a single fixture. I was able to set up the profiles for my other fixtures without any problems, so I don't think I'm programming wrong. Please let me know if that is confusing.

Kane
Original Post