Skip to main content

Reply to "Midicon firmware update"

How long have you have this controller?

You might have some options available.

Not to slam Elation or any other company, but there has YET to be a product I've ever seen in a 1.0 release that hasn't had some sort of major issues. In fact, almost any release, especially a major release ending in a ".0" has had issues. This goes for Ascend, Cisco, Linksys, USRobotics, 3Com, UTStarcomm and many other products.

Here's what I would do, assuming the rules in Belgium are similar to here:
If you've had the item less than 30 days, see if the retailer will accept the unit back in exchange for another unit, but have the unit tested to confirm it's an updated firmware.

Or, since Elation talks about having firmware and a flash utility on the Elation site, let's see if Elation is ready to place those items in the Support area of their tech support site.

I'm just so used to nothing working out of the box properly until after firmware upgrades, it doesn't even bother me anymore. I try to be prepared well in advance of gigs so as to not have issues like this screw me. If I'm not familiar enough with something to use on a gig, it stays home or in the box.

If it was me, I'd have been on the phone trying to find the proper support people for this product, and then getting down to the root of the matter. I wouldn't rely on any answers of your nature to be authoritative unless it comes from an actual Elation employee, preferably their tech support or Jingles.

Nobody wants you angry.