Skip to main content

Reply to "Mixing Moving Fixtures with LED PARS"

I'm way late seeing this thread but I'm wondering if there is a simpler solution to this problem. He says he has 4 moving lights, some conventional pars with dimmer packs and some new led pars. As I read it he has his 4 moving lights on channels 1, 17, 33 and 49 and then he has assigned his new led fixtures to 65, 81, 97 and 113 which should be open. I'm assuming the traditional pars are on the par can side using 129 to 136.

Is it possible that he is just not turning off fixture buttons 5, 6, 7 and 8 for the led pars before attempting to control the moving lights? I don't have the operator pro, I have the 192 but it seems to work that as long as i haven't included the moving fixture in a chase or scene that I have running for the led pars, I can turn off the fixture buttons for everything except the moving light and then use the faders to go ahead and control the moving light. The led pars continue to do their thing following the programmed scenes and chases in the background while I play with the moving light.

Under this logic if he can put the led pars in 4 channel mode he should be able to add 4 more led pars that could be controlled individually before he has to start doubling up on dmx addresses.