Skip to main content

Reply to "Please Explain DMX Universes for SD3"

Dear anyone that can explain,

I am not understanding the word "universe", back to my original question, "is universe a fancy word for splitter?"

can I tell mover #1 located on channel 001 on universe #1, to do something different than ANOTHER mover #??? located on channel 001 on universe #2 to do something different?

I need a simple explanation, this stuff if not covered in the SD3 manual. the manual is good, but says NOTHING about universes, and the website boast of 3 separate universes...

I'm thinking a universe means, I can run chases on my stage lights and then run the same DMX channels on another universe... I need some basic skills here. anyone that knows anything about DMX, please feel free to answer, I may be way off and not know my a$$ from a hole in the ground, but, I simply need info on what is a "Universe" and how does it work...

hahahaha, thank you in advance for a down to earth, explanation of "UNIVERSE",

Mr. Turd

P.S. I'm not an expert, but I can run a show off of scenes and chases on the SD3... Maybe if some genius can place the word "Universe" in the manual then I can better understand my capabilities.