Skip to main content

Reply to "Problems with SD1"

Thank you for responding back so quickly. Three questions on the SD Update / serial connection ...

#1: What does the updated version for the SD1 do ... does it have to do with programming gliches or does it have to do with additions of light manufacturers for the fixture list? Or both?

#2: I am surprised that elation put a serial port on these units and not USB ... do you have any suggestions on how to fix this baud rate with a computer using VISTA?

#3: When using a mouse with this device, I assume you need the same set up cables as the update ... with the null modem adaptor, right? I used the same cable set up and put a female-female USB on it and then connected the mouse and it did nothing. Is it the null modem adaptor or do we think because the unit won't update the software or run the mouse that it could be internally? OR did I miss something in the manual? The joystick works fine with the moving lights, but the mouse does not work at all.

Scenes ... I actually started with a clean slate originally and gradually would build from there. That's why I was confused on why I couldn't program the basic move of the vizi and record it. My obsession last night put me back in the programming chair. I started another new scene and started adding a light here and there. Only got through 4 lights (out of the 19), but everything seemed to work correctly (for now). I'll try some new stuff today and see what happens. Let me make sure I'm doing this right, though. I'll start with a scene and save it (let's say to Page 1:1). Then, make any changes and save those changes to Page 1:2, right? OR am I supposed to save Page 1:1 to 1:2, click over to 1:2, make the changes and save? OR Does it matter either way I do it?

Again, thank you for getting back with me so quickly. I appreciate the help. One thing you guys at Elation have a good reputation on is getting back with people on this forum. I'm impressed. You don't see too much of that stuff these days from the manufacturers of products.