Skip to main content

Reply to "Scene Fade Suddenly Not Working"

John,
My Page Settings were correct...Fade option was checked on every scene. I eventually determined that the problem had to do with my fixture patches, and now I have a new (bigger problem):

I am totally baffled by how patches work in CompuLive. It seems that every time I open a different show, then try to open the 3D viewer for that show, it says the patch has changed, then it asks me if I want to update automatically. If I say yes, it totally jacks up the positioning of my fixtures. If I say no, sometimes everything is fine, but sometimes it just totally deletes some of my fixtures (not all).

I've been storing all of my stages under the main program folder in a sub folder called "stages" and all of my shows in a sub folder under the main program folder called "shows". I've noticed that when I try to open the 3D viewer for the first time after opening CompuLive, it wants to look in "/EasyView_data". Why is this? Why can't it remember where I always open my stages from (/CompuLive/Stages)?

This is also another big problem: Lately, when I've been saving stages, the file sizes are getting incredibly larger...like 8 and 9 MB each. The storage space is not a concern, but I find it taking over 10 minutes to open a stage, which is absurd. I'm running a 1.8Ghz Core 2 with a 256 MB video card.

CompuLive has been great up until this week...I'm really starting to get frustrated by these quirks!

Can you please help explain what is going on with my stages?

Thanks,
Brian