Skip to main content

Reply to "Understanding the DMX Operator"

Thanks James, I think I get it. I'm not sure where I got the 32 from ... looking at the online manual for that I can clearly see it's 16 ... which is plenty. So to build on your explanation, if I turn on fixture button 1 and 2, then fader 1 is acting as a fader for channel 1 and 17 at the same time, correct? Is it safe to assume that fader one is actually designed to continually send out data on channels 1, 17, 33, 49, 65, 81, 97, 113, 129, 145, 161 and 177 and then the scanner buttons just turn on and off the ability of the fixture to receive the data? I had read through that document before, but I think that I may have not been familiar enough with the terms to understand it at the time, perhaps I should go over it again.

I will have to think this over a bit more looking down the road and decide if I need the operator the operator 192 or the operator pro. Thank you so much for helping me get the basic understanding down it helps alot, just wish I could have learned this stuff before I purchased my lighting equipment in the first place, but really at that point you have to rely on the people in the store, and frankly i think they know less than me.