Skip to main content

Reply to "Update Church Lighting"

I was just going of LUX values. I've been told what FC is, but I can't keep that sort of stuff in my mind right now.

I guess it comes down to what is your budget?

I'm strongly considering buying 8 ELED RGB Zooms, but it's dependent on pricing when they actually come out. They are listed on the Elation web site, but they aren't an available product yet. The objective is for these to replace 8 ADJ 64 LED Pro fixtures. I have no idea what this is going to run me right now. But, that seems to be a fairly similar "like for like" replacement for you over the 8 cans you currently have up in the truss. I guess it should be asked:

What exactly is in the trusses? Are you targetting 3 areas? If so, how many lights per area/zone? How are they gel'ed?

If you were doing RGB(sort of) with the traditional cans and targetting 3 areas, with 3 cans/area, you'd only need to replace each set of 3 with 1 new ELED RGB Zoom.(3:1 replacement ratio, not bad!)

Also, it might help if you could share some photos of the staging area as well as the trusses, and if possible, the whole thing in perspective. It might help steer some advisement.

Even better might be more snaps showing the stuff in use, one truss at a time.

Having the lights in front and above helps with avoiding shadow issues. Obviously you know this. I don't get the idea you're clueless, just need to be pointed to the right fixtures. I think a bar fixture is just not the right fit for this application. The distances are too great for this to be a good fit. You definately need ParCan type fixtures of some sort.