Skip to main content

Reply to "Using Cycles for Song Cues"

Ok, I have verified that even if I could create another cycle in another page, this will not work for what I need to do. The reason is because I am using an external trigger (snare drum via midi input) to control the PAGE DOWN command (advance to next step in cycle) for my chase cycles. Unless there is a way to only allow this external trigger for some cycles (my chases), but not others (my song cues), I cannot use cycles for chases as well as for song cues.

So, what choices am I left with? I simply want to build a “cue list” for each song, which will activate different Scenes, Switches, and Cycles (remember, cycles are MIDI triggered) that I have already created. I do NOT want these cues to activate based on the time signature (i.e. at 3 min. and 16 sec, “Blue” scene activates). I DO want to place these cues in the order they will happen, so that I can simply press “next” when I determine that the next cue should start. Why is this so hard to do?

Is Easy Show the answer? I was under the impression that Easy Show works based on a timeline. Is it possible to use Easy Show to layout Scenes, Switches, and Cycles in a prescribed order, but only advance to each one when I tell it to…by pressing a certain button (not based on time signature)?

Thanks,
Brian