Skip to main content

Reply to "Using Korg NanoControl"

I know what you mean. I'm working on a shadowcast performance in a month. I'm staying strictly technical, keeping my obligations to sound and lights. They have props and set pieces to build, but the bottom line is the show won't happen without me. Since I'm not really into the content of the shadowcast performance(can't really say I enjoy the movie), it's work for me. I'm waiting on lighting direction from the director so I know what I have as a starting point. From there, I can plus it as I see necessary.

For example, a chater was blue wash, "drug colors", then blue wash again. It went phased in blue wash, then rainbow march with other lights doing color wheel spins. Then back to blue wash. Then a pair of spotsfrom the movers for cops to enter/cast to exit, then blue wash again with the movers now doing out of phase circles in red and blue to represent dome lights.

When I am doing this show, I will have my MacBook pro running XP Home and MyDMX, with my Korg nanoKONTROL hooked up and within easy reach. It's become quite a critical piece of gear for me. I'd like to incorporate the nanoKEY and nanoPAD as additional scene trigger controllers, but I'll figure that out later. Right now I'm looking to set the buttons on my nanoKONTROL as note-on devices so I can use those for rapid scene call.