Skip to main content

Hello all!

I am wondering if anyone has had experience creating "pallets" with CompuLive? I am trying to design shows with those sweeps and fades on my moving lights that sort of do slow pans to a certain point, stop, then pan to a different spot on my command. Examples of this type of lighting would be anything involving Phish, STS9, or any similar jam band, just to give you an idea of what I am going for.

My question is, can I select groups of fixtures and tell them to travel to a certain point, while telling a second group to travel in say, the opposite direction? I am not sure if there is a way to maually invert pan and tilt from the computer, but have seen this ability on the Light Jockey software.

The effect I am hoping for would be a nice slow color/gobo change during jammy parts of songs, and not just quick snaps. In the end, when I have enough fixtures, I would like all the fixtrues to go from say, Center position, and all fan out and up equidistant to each other. So far, my only luck has been programming each light to the point I want it, saving it as a scene, and then doing a succesion of these scenes. Its working, but I get bored with my patterns quick and want to be able to do this live, as I am sure can be done. Thanks in advance for the help everyone, have a good day! Sorry if this is a cryptic post too, Im trying to explain as best I can Smiler

-Ben
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.