Skip to main content

So I went into record mode (Record LED came on) and tried to enter DMX assign mode (REC+666) but nothing changed: display shows fader percentage (00). Up/Down buttons do nothing. Pressing "Rec" increments a number on the display. Tried DMX reset (REC+777) which worked but assign still doesn't work.
The 6 button works correctly as it's needed to enter record mode.

So now I've reset the DMX assignments and can't set it back! Any suggestions welcome.

Desk is 24 channel SceneSetter with the square buttons
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Benben... I also have been dealing with DMX addressing. My board is new. I did find i the manual (3.7)while in the record mode to hold record and then hit the #6 flash button 3 times which does not work. I did see, however, on the bottom of my controller that to enter the DMX addressing you have to hit Flash 8 (not 6) three times ..... The does allow me to enter the DMX channel addressing but I find nowhere how to program it in... I believe my unit is defective and I am in the process of getting a replacement.

So 888 not 666 gets it into DMX programming mode. Say you have a 3 channel fixture set to DMX ch 501 and you want to ulilize sliders 4,5 and 6 to control it.... Use the up/down buttons to set the dmx channel in the LED display to 501, then press the 4 flash button to set it. Then use the up botton to go to DMX 502, then press the 5 flash to set it. Then use up again to select 503 and press flash 6 to set the last channel.  Then when you exit, those sliders are set for that fixture. Would have been great if someone would have corrected the manual and also explained the need to program dmx channel for a multi channel fixture, and not just the first address.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.