Skip to main content

I was setting up an event today and was using the Elation Wireless DMX Transmitters and Receivers, which I love because they've been so reliable, but today we went through the syncing process and they worked, but the receivers would lose the transmission completely after only a few minutes. If I shut off the transmitter and turned it back on, they would come back online, only to lose connection a few minutes later. We ended up having to hardwire all those positions to get them to work properly. We tried switching out transmitters, opto splitters and lines in snakes and universes coming out of the console and got the same result.

I've never had this issue with our Wireless DMX systems- has anyone else?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So in the few years since I have posted this, I have run into this problem over and over.  It is more about the wireless internet being broadcast in the room than the product itself.  Being a 2.4gHZ transmmitter, that bandwidth has just gotten so clogged that unless I can scan a room I won't use these units in it.   I just had another reoccuring event we do switch from a WDMX system back to a hardwired system because of the signal getting stomped on by the resort's new wifi system.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.