Skip to main content

Let me start off by stating that I haven't fully migrated to Elation yet, but will soon. I am currently setup using Chauvet ShowXpress with the Midicon. Nonetheless, the issue I am experiencing is having the Midicon's fader from one page remain in control of its assigned function even after switching the page on the Midicon. So say I have the Midicon's page 14 faders 1, 2 & 3 assigned to control the par cans RGB functions. I am able to adjust the colors to a desired level. Then I switch to page 16, on the Midicon, to use the faders on other functions and the faders will continue to adjust the par cans RGB until I move the fader all the way to the bottom, or off. Then I get the response of the faders programmed on page 16. This makes the usage of the Midicon faders on multiple pages useless.

I am not sure which part is at fault, software or hardware, but I'd like to try and eliminate either towards a path of resolution.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

James is correct. The faders are designed as latching playbacks so that the playback retains control of its function until released. Most software programs use these as scene playbacks so the user can have control of 8 scenes at one time. If you are using these for individual channel control, you might try using the wheels instead if you software can support it.
I now understand that it's the intended purpose of the fader to operate as it does. What I do not understand is why are they designed to latch to its function until released. I do not see a practical reason to this engineering. From what was stated, if I set a fader to a setting on one page, then I need to bring that setting all the way down so I can control a setting on another page. Why? How is one supposed to program faders on multiple pages when they need to be brought down before switching pages to function again? Maybe I am missing an integral part of the equation.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.