Skip to main content

I have a new install using M-Touch and the latest version of Onyx. For the moment I want to establish 8 basic presets to match presets already established by the customer. All of the fixtures will be standard generic dimmers, no color, no motion, no sequences, just straight up: turn on these fixtures to this level. I am a total newby to this software and so I need a total step by step process tutorial. I am currently controlling all of the fixtures but have not been able to create a button press for each of the presets. I have created 8  groups calling out each fixture in each preset but have not figured how to get that to show up and work on the M-Touch. I'm sure there is a set of modules and a sequence of programming steps to make this happen but I have not been able from on-line tutorials make it work. Most tutorials are showing solutions to way more complex scenarios and no one seems to be showing the entire path to setting up a usable single channel solution from beginning to end. I need something very basic. Complexity can come when I understand what each step is to accomplish. I am not a lighting designer just and system installation engineer with experience in NSI dimming systems. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ricardo C., Thanks for the link. I viewed nearly everyone of the sessions and found them to be very helpful. However, there is nothing that shows the total process steps from beginning to end. David does a great job of explaining individual steps but there is no session that I could find that that has a sequential systematic process. For example, if i want to only use one light fixture in my show and I want it to only control intensity on a fader, what steps would I take to achieve that? Or if I want to put that fixture on a button that will make it come on at 100% and another button to make it come on at 50% and another make it come on at 25% etc. Do I need to put that fixture in a group and then record that group to a button/fader/cue? If so in what order? If I could understand the sequence of the required settings then I could take the individual training session information and modify it to apply to each of fixtures I have. I simply do not understand the sequence. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.