Skip to main content

When this club opened, it could have been an Elation crown jewel showroom.  I think we had 24 each of the PSpot35's, PSpot 15 Pro, PSpot 5r Pro as well as several dozen PBeam 5r and 12 PBeam 15's.  Also an impressive array of Event Bars, 32 in all.

Despite a fairly dedicated crew and regular maintenance schedule, fixtures started dropping like flies within the first year.  Warranty repairs were spotty, but they happened.  Then everything was out of warranty, and the real carnage happened.

Coming back to this place after three years, I'm working with one functional PSpot 15, three PBeam 15, exactly one reliable PSpot 35, and an assortment of 5r beams and spots which mostly cooperate.  The Event Bars were all decommissioned with prejudice.

Folks, I'm desperate to get more of this rig working again, but the amount of tech support data out there - especially for the 35's (which are an optically lovely fixture when everything is working, amazing punch and great zoom).  Does anyone have troubleshooting tips for diagnosing lamp strike problems (e.g. no strike, or strike without remaining lit), how to tell which PCB does what, where to check for what voltage or resistance to determine if its a ballast or ignitor issue... halp

This place is never going to be what it  once was, but while we're still open I'd like to give the crowd a show they'll notice.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.