Skip to main content

I am very satisfied with the 5R Pros thus far, however, UPS must enjoy drop kicking the boxes because a majority of them have been damaged upon opening....

My question is regarding a 5R Pro that is projecting a dim output. The output seems like it's at about 10% of the other 5r's. The projection on the wall appears blurred, even from 10 feet away. The fixture operates correctly, but to me, it seems like something is stuck in the path of the beam.

I opened the fixture to look for broken parts, but everything appears normal. The fixture works normally in demo and DMX with the exception of the dim/blurred output. I've also changed the lamp to ensure there isn't a problem with the lamp itself.

Is there anything else to check before I send it in? ...shipping these back is getting expensive (someone should have a chat with UPS).

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The alignment is correct. I cross checked with two other units.

I booted the unit with the dim output and went through each setting in manual mode. Seems like the zoom and focus are both out of alignment on boot. When gobo wheel number one is used the output also dims significantly, almost like placing a stack of several diffusers in front the of head.

I tried a full reset and inspected as well as I could for loose parts. My guess is that something is in bad alignment.

-Daniel

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.