Skip to main content

Hello!

I am a senior at Waukee High School, and the lighting designer for our fall production. Our school is building a new theatre, complete with (in the words of the new Theatre Manager) 3 Design Spot 300 and 3 Elation Design Spot 575. I am trying to incorporating them into my design, but I have no experience with these fixtures. I have two questions about them.

1. Is it possible to use a rotating gobo and a static gobo at the same time in one fixture?

2. Can these instruments be shuttered similarly to an ellipsoidal? (ie. can I make the pools of light rectangular instead of circular)

Thanks for any help that any body could provide

-Jake
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Jake, Yes both of these fixtures have two gobo wheels. The Design spot 575 has two rotating gobo wheels and a animation wheel. The Design spot 300 has one rotating and one static gobo wheel's.
They cannot be shuttered like an ellipsoidal with the shutters. The shutters are simply a dual flag shutter system. You can maybe try to get creative with some of the gobo's shapes. Just an idea. If you have any other questions please let us know.
Sincerely,
James-

Thanks for the help, although I'm not sure I phrased my first question the way I was intending. In the Design Spot 300 for example, would I be able to use a gobo from the rotating wheel and and a gobo from the static wheel at the same time. I have some experience with other brands of moving lights, and have used this technique before. Thanks again for the help!

-Jake

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.