Skip to main content

Has anyone had this problem? When trying to add the generic par 56 cans through the ScanLibrary, it is causing my movers to link up with my program instead of my cans. So basically, I go through the entire add process, but my cans dont link up to the software, instead my movers do. When I try to drag the mouse through the color wheel, it just makes my fixtures move instead. Is this an address problem on the dip switches? If so can anyone tell me what the proper switch address is, as nothing in any of the manuals tells me what it should be set at, and my board just automatically knows and recognizes this. Since there is no way to digitaly address these like their is on the movers, what, should the dip switches be set too to ensure the program sees them as cans and not as intellilights. Thanks in advance!

-Ben
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It sounds like your addressing is off. Compu live software will auto patch for you however you need to make sure that your fixtures addresses match what is on the software. So when you are patching say 4 moving heads and you want them to start at 11 and you have 4 of them you need to tell the software starting address is 11 and number of fixtures is 4. As far as checking your addresses here is the best way.

find your "Pages" tab as shown in the picture. I have circled in red all the starting addresses on that show. For example you'll see that there are 2 DJ scan 250 Ex. the first one starts at 7 and the next one starts at 13. As far as dip switches go you can download our dip switch calculator here: http://www.elationlighting.com...iles/dipcalc.exe.zip
Hope this info helps. Let me know.
Sincerely,
James,

Success!!! The dipswitch calculator was my saving grace! Basically what was happening is that my addresses on my cans (American DJ/Venue Par 56 LED) werent correct, but without the calcualtor, I had no way of knowing what the correct values were. Once I could finally see it, I understand the process way better now, and was able to address my moving fixtures no problem. Everything seems to be working fine now, with the exception of one of my mover bulbs being burnt out. I am going to start working on scenes and switches tommorow. Thanks again James, definitely couldnt have done it without your help!

-Ben
I believe so man, so if for example im looking to start an address at say, 33, I would need to have 1 and 6 on because 32+1=33 right? Any way of getting the cans to individually come up? Would I need to basically set up a separate page for each can? Like, if I wanted to make a chase scene where each light came on and off before the next one in a stage left to right movement? Ive seen it done before but havent been able to even figure it out on a board.
On compu live you set up fixture pages. A fixture page can have several of the same fixture in it. When you set up a new page where it asks you starting address and number of fixtures, that's how you set up your number of fixtures in one page. For par cans you don't need a dimmer pack profile you can use from the generic folder par 36,56, or 64. These are one channel profiles best used for par cans. So for a dimmer pack with 4 channels and 4 par cans hooked up you just use a generic par 36,56,64 profile and say number of fixtures 4 and set the starting address of the pack to the address on the 1st par.
Hope this helps.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.